Our Wines

Scroll Down Arrow
2023 Sauvignon Blanc - Vera's Block

2023 Sauvignon Blanc - Vera's Block

Dry Creek Valley

Winemaker's Notes

The grapes for our 2023 Sauvignon Blanc come exclusively from the Vera's Block of our 65 acre estate in the Dry Creek Valley. The location near Dry Creek is influenced by the cool fog from the Russian River Valley and the daytime heat of Dry Creek. The grapes were picked early in the morning at cool temperatures which preserves fruit aromas and flavors. Being so close to our vineyards, we have the luxury of being able to crush our fruit within minutes of harvest. After de-stemming, the juice was pressed off the skins and 36% was fermented in stainless steel between 60 and 66 degrees F which helps maintain the Sauvignon Blanc fruit characteristics. The other 64% was fermented in neutral French Oak barrels to produce a more complex and rounded wine.  Following fermentation, the Vera's Block is aged in neutral oak for a very limited period which also contributes to a multilayered wine.

Tasting Notes

The vibrant aroma of this wine greets the senses with notes of apricot and white peach. On the palate, the elegant flavors of Sauvignon Blanc fruit, bright citrus intermingle with ripe peach to create a sophisticated and harmonious wine. The finish is silky smooth, with a lingering fruit that refreshes the palate.

With its refreshing acidity and long, pleasant finish, this wine is an ideal apéritif, but it also pairs exceptionally well with light seafood dishes such as white fish or lightly sauced poultry. Its versatility makes it an excellent choice for a variety of occasions, from casual gatherings to more formal affairs.

Technical Data

Appellation: Estate, Dry Creek Valley
Ave. Brix: 25.2°
Blend: 100%  Sauvignon Blanc
Retail Price: $36
Production: 60% neutral barrel fermentation, 40% Stainless Steel